Thinking about becoming certified in one of the most researched and highly effective treatment modalities to date? Does the process seem daunting or overwhelming? Our program can help you get through it all easily and efficiently.
- 1 Year DBT full-immersion, experiential course
- Small personalized instruction — 5-10 “students” per year
- By the end, you will meet all 10 requirements for DBT certification
- Students may be provided with 1-3 DBT clients at the discretion of STLDBT staff
- Students may use client session fees to pay down tuition ($30 per session may be used to pay down tuition of $275/month)
- This means if student conducts 9+ sessions per month, the program is FREE for that month.
- Students who conduct more than 9 sessions per month, are paid as a sub-contractor of STLDBT at $30 per session
- Students may co-lead DBT groups
- Students earn $5 per group participant (we average 6-8 participants per group) which may also be paid as a sub-contractor or used to reduce tuition
- Applications will be accepted until November 1, 2017. Interviews will be conducted throughout November and candidates will be notified of acceptance in December. Programming will begin January of 2018.
- Applicants must be available to attend DBT team consult meetings every Monday from 1-2:30PM and DBT lecture/education hour from 2:30-3:30.
- Applicants who choose NOT to see STLDBT clients will be required to have at least 2 clients through their regular employment with whom they will conduct DBT Stage I treatment. These students will also be expected to pay full fee tuition ($275/month for 12 months).
- Weekly training will be conducted primarily by lead lecturer and Nationally Certified DBT therapist, Casey Limmer, assisted by junior staff throughout.
- 75% of weekly education hours will be taught by STLDBT staff and 25% will be peer-led – the best way to learn is to teach!
- Graduate degree in a mental health-related field from an educational program at a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- License: Candidates with licenses will be given preference in the selection process. ALL applicants MUST have a minimum of 1 year post-graduate work, including direct clinical service experience and be within one year of licensure.
- Ideal candidates will have completed a basic 1-2 day DBT course prior to starting DBT Academy. This is not a requirement but without a basics course, the student may not be ready to take an STLDBT client until 3+ months into the program. If you have not had a basics course, consider attending one via dbtmo.org. They are FREE! Casey will be leading a DBT course soon through Gateway Wellness Associates. More info and dates to come.
- Must be available to meet Mondays from 1PM-3:30PM. Absences are allowed but tuition is NOT prorated based on absence.
- If participant takes on an STLDBT client:
- Must sign a 1099 contract with STLDBT
- Must provide a W9
- Must provide proof of malpractice insurance, NPI and Tax-ID #