If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, our Teen-Parent DBT Skills Group may be right for your family.
- Do you and your teen have trouble communicating?
- Does your teen devote more time to texting than talking?
- Does your teen seem to have an “attitude”?
- Are you worried about your teen but s/he won’t talk to you?
- Is your teen engaging in risky or self-destructive behaviors?
- Is your teen struggling with ADHD, depression or anxiety?
- Does your teen feel worthless, hopeless or helpless?
These and other problems can make it difficult for your teen to accomplish his or her responsibilities in school and at home, which in turn increases negative thoughts about themselves and their families.
Parent(s) and teen participate together in this highly experiential class.. Together, you learn to communicate with each other more effectively, regulate strong emotions and tolerate the distress of situations you can’t change. You will learn to be mindfully aware of yourself, others and the family as a whole.
Families will gain the tools necessary to create a more peaceful life at home and effective relationships with each other. Teens and parents will learn how to communicate their own thoughts and feelings while validating the thoughts and feelings of others.
To join this group or learn more, contact St. Louis DBT.