Activity 18: Your Marketing Plan (a.k.a. Your Powerful, Positive, Professional Intentions)
What and How do you plan to market your practice?
If you have not done this yet, please answer these questions for yourself:
•What kind of practice do you want? This tells you WHAT you are marketing.
•Who do you want to serve? Who is your ideal client? This tells you WHO you are marketing to.
•How do you want to feel about your work? You are also marketing a feeling/your passion for the work you do.
•What values do you want to make the cornerstones of your practice? What sets your practice apart from others with a similar niche?
These two questions help you figure out the cost of your "product":
How many clients do you want to have
How much do you want to make?
What Marketing strategies do you want to start with? (choose 2-3 at least)
- Directory Profile (i.e. Psychology Today)
- Social Networking (i.e. Professional FaceBook page, Linked-in, Twitter)
- Face-to-Face Networking (i.e. networking events, coffee meetings)
- Create a video
- Schedule a free workshop
- Write an article
- Business Cards
- Letters or emails of introduction
*** Remember, you are marketing yourself. You don't have to have a practice yet to do that. Let people in the field know who you are and what your are passionate about. Get your name and reputation out there NOW, not just after you've got a lease!
Use the comment section to answer this one -- remember, making goals specific, manageable, achievable, realistic, and tangible (SMART) means you are more likely to meet them. Making those SMART goals public also helps!
- How many networking events do you intend to attend, blogs do you intend to write, speeches do you intend to give, etc. in the next week, month or year?